POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 23:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: normdoering
Date: 7 Nov 2002 17:50:06
Message: <web.3dcaecca195c50e490f0db7e0@news.povray.org>
>What do you mean by manipulating a mesh "like you can manipulate an
>isosurface"?

I mean you can "press" an image, like a jpeg, on to what will be the outer
surface of a 3D "sculpture" with isosurfaces and then you can press other
images onto other isosurfaces and rotate them and blob them together. If
you think of the image that's pressed onto the isosurface as if it were a
"mesh" (what I may mistakenly call a "wireframe") then you see a way to
manipulate mesh files... by taking shallow "mesh sheets", think of it as a
tinfoil sheet, and bringing them together with isosurface like functions,
blobbing and such.

>Anyway, it has already been explained that you can generate the needed
>mesh with the scene description language, if you have a more specific
>question about doing this, ask it.

How do I write a macro that reads an image file, like a jpeg? How do I
extract
the pixel values from a jpeg with a macro?

>And just drop the word "wireframe"
>from your vocabulary until you learn how to use it correctly, please...

What's the difference between a wireframe and a mesh?

normdoering